Dec 18, 2011, 6:29 PM EDT
Nobody in the history of the Philadelphia Eagles has crossed the goal line more often in one season than LeSean McCoy. With his three rushing touchdowns against the Jets on Sunday, Shady has scored 20 touchdowns on the season. He simultaneously broke the record for most rushing touchdowns with 16 and added another to make it 17.
The previous record was held for over 60 years by legendary running back Steve Van Buren, set in 1945. However, as they remarked during the broadcast, Van Buren posted his 18 scores over a 10-game season. By comparison, it took McCoy 14 games to create the new milestone.
Regardless, an incredible feat for one of the best backs in the NFL today. With two games to play, McCoy could set the bar higher still, to a level where it might be another 60-plus years until somebody else comes along and breaks it again — unless of course Shady tops himself next season!
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return