Oct 10, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Eagles WR Riley Cooper has not had the best of seasons. That’s one way of putting it.
CSNPhilly.com columnist Reuben Frank has put it another way — with numbers. Let’s check some of the stats:
Fewest catches among WRs with 5 starts: R. Woods (16), R. Streater (16), C. Givens (15), R. White (14), D. Heyward-Bey (13), R. Cooper (8).
— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) October 9, 2013
And another from Eagles beat writer for the Inqy Jeff McLane.
Riley Cooper is the most unproductive NFL WR in terms of catches (8) and yards (93) among those that have played more than 60% of snaps.
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) October 10, 2013
Jeff Maehl has been stealing time from Cooper for Pete’s sake.
So it was kind of fun to see Dave Spadaro — he of PhiladelphiaEagles.com employment — attempt to defend Cooper when Reuben started to lay into him on Philly Sports Talk Live this evening.
Michael Barkann’s reaction is pretty good.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money