Apr 26, 2012, 5:51 PM EST
Draft day is here, and I can honestly say I have no idea what the hell is going on. I’m comfortable adding nobody else knows either.
The Eagles have been tied to players at practically every position. They have a history of moving up, and with 10 picks this year, they have the firepower to do so. They have a reputation for moving down, and with few immediate needs, might be willing to listen to offers.
In other words, anything can happen tonight, and nothing would surprise me. Except…
I will be SHOCKED if any of you hooligans are happy with their selection! I kid, I kid. (Sort of.)
Since I have no grasp on their plan tonight, I’m going to buck tradition here at The700Level: I will not attempt to predict who the Birds take. There are far too many variable this year, and I’m never correct anyway, so why put myself through that shame again?
The guy I think I like though is linebacker Luke Kuechly. At 6-3, 242 lbs., Kuechly sounds like everything you could want in a linebacker. He’s a sound tackler who put up prolific numbers at Boston College using his tremendous athleticism and instincts. It doesn’t look like he would fall to the Eagles at 15, but if they could trade up to get him, choosing Kuechly could go a long way toward solidifying the linebacker corps for years to come.
Looks like I’m in good company, too. Les Bowen both believe the Eagles should target Kuechly as well.
That does it for our pre-draft coverage. Without further ado, let’s live blog this thing. We’ll be taking a closer look at the other teams around the league, answering your Eagles questions, and we’ll also be discussing the two NHL game 7′s that will be going on at the same.
Thanks for joining us.
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages