Jun 19, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
There is a quarterback controversy on the Eagles after all. Michael Vick and Nick Foles are… wait for it… cheapskates, and their offensive linemen are fed up with it.
How can you tell? Just look how impressed Jason Kelce is by rookie Matt Barkley stepping up to spring for ponchos – ponchos! – during the U.S. Open, not to mention this parting shot at the frontrunners for the starting job.
— Jason Kelce (@Jkelce) June 18, 2013
Sure, it was just ponchos, but if Barkley purchased them at the Open merchandise tent they were probably something like $75 a pop. It’s not like he’s making as much coin as a first rounder, either, even though he probably could have had he left USC one year earlier.
Unfortunately for Barkley, Evan Mathis admitted last week that the offensive line doesn’t have any say in who wins the QB competition. Then again, that might be a good thing. Vick can probably afford to buy something more elaborate than ponchos.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money