Sep 28, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
In one of the odder examples of twitter dominating the modern media landscape, a spat on the social media outlet yesterday between Les Bowen of the Daily News and Jeff McLane of the Inquirer reportedly became a physical affair at the NovaCare Complex today. Howard Eskin says that Bowen, who was the target of some pretty scathing tweets by McLane yesterday, “connect[ed] 2 the head” of McLane.
Yesterday, Bowen seemed to dispute a report that McLane made regarding Mike Vick’s availability to play on Sunday, although not directing it at McLane by name. McLane read between the lines and went on the warpath, calling Bowen an “old hack” and generally calling his journalism skills into question to say the least.
Bob Grotz of the Daily Times was quick to tweet out that Eskin wasn’t even there, and that it wasn’t a fight. Wouldn’t be the first time Eskin was wrong on a story this week, but at this point, we’re not sure the degree to which either report is correct. [update: looks like Les isn't denying it...]
Either way, what the hell’s getting into people these days? After sports leagues began putting restrictive social media policies into place, maybe local media outlets will be next. Some already have. In any case, no one will be accusing the Daily News and Inquirer of working and playing well together any time soon.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money