May 2, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
There are a lot positive vibes emanating from the NovaCare
Complex these days. The Eagles are coming out of a fine-looking draft, players
are buying into Chip Kelly’s program, and there is a renewed excitement surrounding
the team in general.
They seem to be having fun for the first time in awhile,
which brings us to today’s story: Michael Vick versus LeSean McCoy in the
40-yard dash. They could’ve put that on pay-per-view.
There was quite a bit of buzz about the footrace on Twitter today,
with several Eagles players discussing the somewhat surprising results. Vick
defeated Shady handily according to reports, and as legend has it, by several
yards at that. Not. Even. Close.
The rumors are true… Vick
dusted McCoy in the 40yd dash
— Clay Harbor
Beat him by a few yards too lol #SpeedKILLS
Mike Vick (@MikeVick) May 2,
According to Pro Football Talk, the race was literally weeks
in the making, with McCoy goading the soon-to-be 33-year old quarterback with a
little name calling. I guess when you’re 24, 33 makes someone an “old man” by
comparison. Vick had the last laugh though.
It’s nice to know Vick still possesses some of the
athleticism that made him so electrifying, and if he wins the starting job, it
could come in handy in the spread offense. Speed is what has always made Vick
overrated in the first place though. The only aspects of his game where
teammates, analysts, and fans should care about how fast he is are reading a
defense and getting the ball out of his hands.
For the record, Shady was not a believer. This is starting
to sound like the time Jerry Seinfeld beat Duncan Meyer in ninth-grade gym class.
@profootballtalk u serious dont believe it he jumpedearly…rematch
— Lesean McCoy (@CutonDime25) May 2, 2013
|Schmidsy on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|Marvin Monroe on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|donny05 on Don Tollefson: Maybe not an al…|
|33 on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages