Aug 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Some scary news out of Lehigh this morning as defensive tackle Mike Patterson collapsed and had a seizure before being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.
The good news is that Patterson is reportedly fine, with PFT reporting that the Eagles player was texting people from the hospital saying as much.
In a unique twist on his first day of practice as an Eagle, Danny Watkins, he of fireman fame, jumped in and tried to use his rescue skills to help out his teammate.
While it’s not totally clear this was heat related, dehydration is certainly suspected. Just a reminder of how dangerous high temperatures can be and how these sports we love are all just games.
More On Patterson:
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages