Sep 5, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
Mike Trout of the L.A. Angels may be the greatest outfielder in all the land but his claim that he can beat Eagles QB Mike Vick in a sprint leaves me doubting the New Jersey native.
Trout, considered to be one of the fastest players in baseball, was a guest on MLB Network’s Intentional Talk over the long weekend and talked about anything the goofy Chris Rose and Kevin Millar wanted to discuss.
“Probably, yeah. What is he thirty… I know he’s older,” Trout said, a bit uncertain. But he then quickly changes his tune to one of total confidence, “I got him for sure.”
I’d put a dollar on Vick. He may be an old man in the sports world but if old No. 7 can still smoke Shady McCoy, he has to be able to take a bigger guy like Trouty.
Vick, who in his prime ran a 4.25, recently said he can still run a 4.4 40-yard time. Trout’s player profile says this about his speed, “has been clocked in 6.5 seconds in the 60-yard-dash. And he gets from home plate to first base in 3.9 seconds on a routine grounder to shortstop—superb speed from the right side. That means he legs out a lot of infield hits. And he can beat out a bunt in 3.65 to 3.7 seconds.”
Apples to Angels, but interesting.
Somebody make it happen on pay-per-view or something.
[h/t CSN's video guy]
|red2gold on Philly fans welcomed Moses Mal…|
|Andrew Kulp on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
|Dan on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
|Hutch on The Top-10 bad Holmgren moves…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages