Sep 26, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
Despite all the negativity yesterday — you should have heard the soapbox that is the Lincoln Financial Field men’s room with two minutes left in the game — Mike Vick showing his anger following the game was a welcomed display of emotion. Too frequently this Birds team is robotic and doesn’t lash out and say what you want to hear. [videos below]
After the game, Vick was angry and let it be known he wasn’t happy with the refs allowing defenders to beat him up in the pocket.
“I felt like I got hit late,” Vick said. “No flag. Broke my hand. That’s it. Trying to protect myself. Didn’t get a flag. And that’s pretty much been the story for the last three weeks. Obviously, at some point, something catastrophic is going to happen, and I broke my hand.”
“Everybody saw the game,” Vick said. “I’m on the ground constantly. All the time. Every time I throw the ball, in all my highlights and just watching film in general, every time I throw the ball, I’m on the ground, getting hit in the head, and I don’t know why I don’t get the 15-yard flags like everybody else does.
It’s almost an indictment of his offensive line as much as it is of the refs though, isn’t it?
>>Vick Wonders Where the Flags Are [CSN]
Ray Diddy believes Mike Vick doesn’t get the same protection in the pocket that other NFL QBs get:
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money