Feb 11, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
The Eagles announced today that Mike Vick has agreed to a restructured 3-year contract that is basically a 1-year deal that will reduce his pay in 2013. No. 7 will get another chance to win the Eagles starting quarterback job.
More from Roob on the technicalities:
Although the restructured deal is technically a three-year deal, the
2014 and 2015 seasons will automatically void on March 15, the league
source said. The Eagles and Vick had to add those years onto the
contract to satisfy guidelines in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Technicalities are fun.
Technically a 3-year deal to satisfy CBA rules but 2014 and 2015 will void on March 15. It’s a 1-year deal. Makes him more tradeable, too.
— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) February 11, 2013
As others have noted, Michael Vick’s new deal could be worth up to $10 million, per a source. Said to have significant signing bonus.
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) February 11, 2013
Vick deal is worth “up to $10 million.” Better question is worth “as little as” what number..
— Andrew Brandt (@adbrandt) February 11, 2013
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages