Most Popular Philly Sports Blog Posts of 2012 Dominated By Flyers, Sidney Crosby, Iverson, Hartnell and Jagr
Dec 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Maybe many casual fans around the continent aren’t missing hockey all that much, but you know there’s a hardcore contingent in Philadelphia that’s missing the Flyers a whole lot. We have some data today to prove it. After messing around on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, we determined that 13 of the top 18 most visited blog posts on The700Level.com in 2012 were about the Flyers. We listed all 18 posts below with a few takeaways.
First, you guys really love to hate Sidney Crosby. The Penguins’ villain popped up in 3 of the top 18 posts.
Allen Iverson was the only Sixer to get his name in the top 18 posts, but the Sixers’ new t-shirt cannon made the cut as well. Another A.I. post also just missed the top 18. You guys really miss Bubba Chuck.
You all love Scott Hartnell, especially when he falls down.
Charlie Manuel and Jonathan Papelbon were the only Phillies to get huge numbers, mostly because they were arguing with umps and fighting with fans. Controversy!
Jason Babin whining was quite popular.
Here’s the full list. Jagr’s beard beat out Lavvy’s rant as most visited post of the year by only a few hundred pageviews. Wonder how Jagr’s beard was so popular? Some giant web portal in the Czech republic linked to the post about Jaromir’s “scholarly beard.”
Good night, good blogging.
5. Flyers Turn ‘Knock, Knock’ Winning Anthem into Playoff T-shirt (this was RT’d by Mac Miller to his millions of fans)
11. Watch—The Quintessential Scott Hartnell: #hartnelldown, goal, fight! The Hart Trick? (pretty sure Matt coined “The Hart Trick” in this post)
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages