Sep 5, 2012, 7:27 PM EST
The wait is over. Are you as excited as we are, even if it is a game between two teams you are hardwired to hate?
The NFL kicks off tonight at 8:30 in its traditional fashion, with the reigning Super Bowl champions playing host. Eight months after the New York Giants met the Dallas Cowboys to determine the last remaining playoff spot in the final game of the 2011 regular season, the rematch is set for the first game of 2012. And although there is less at stake this time around, at the end of the night, one of these two teams will be in first place in the NFC East.
Of course, not everything about tonight’s contest is in the tradition of the kickoff event. For starters, everybody knows Wednesday Night Football is an oddity in the NFL, but the game was moved up by one day to accommodate President Obama’s speech at the DNC. As for the action on the field, the league is still using its dreaded replacement officials as the lockout of the regular crews continues to drag on.
But rest assured, football will be football on any day of the week, even when robots take over the officiating duties — and football is back.
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages