Jul 21, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
The owners voted this evening in Atlanta and have agreed to a new CBA which now has to be ratified by the NFL Players Association for the league year to begin. Free agency could start next Wednesday.
From the official NFLLabor.com:
litigation and a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement with the
NFL Players Association.
The vote was taken at a league meeting in Atlanta where the clubs
were briefed on the terms of the agreement and the rules for the
transition into the new League Year. The agreement must be ratified by
the NFL Players Association in order for the league year to begin.
Here are some of the key dates, from the same website,:
July 23 Voluntary training,
conditioning and classroom instruction permitted until first day of
clubs’ preseason training camps.
July 23 Pre-2011 League Year
Period commences. 2011 Free Agency List to be issued and will become
effective on the first day of the 2011 League Year (July 27).
Clubs/players may begin to renegotiate contracts. Clubs may begin to
sign Drafted Rookies and their own UFAs, RFAs, Exclusive Rights Players
and Franchise Players.
July 23 Waivers begin for the 2011 League Year.
July 23 Starting at 2:00 PM ET,
clubs may negotiate with, but not sign, Undrafted Rookie Free Agents,
free agents, and other clubs’ UFAs, RFAs, and Franchise Players.
July 24 Starting at 2:00 PM ET, clubs may begin to sign undrafted rookie free agents.
July 27 2011 League Year
commences at 2:00 PM ET, provided NFLPA has ratified CBA. Free Agency
Signing Period begins. Clubs may sign free agents and other clubs’
Unrestricted Free Agents. Clubs may sign Offer Sheets. Trading period
begins. All Clubs must be under the Salary Cap. Top 51 rule applies.
July 27 Expand rosters to 90-man limit.
July 27 Training Camps open for
all clubs, provided NFLPA has ratified CBA. Day One activities limited
to physicals, meetings, and conditioning. No pads permitted on Day Two
or Day Three.
|BenE. on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|Colin Firth on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|mike on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|FlyersFan on Yo, Flyers, start being selfis…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages