Oct 20, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Anybody who used to visit Iggles Blog on the reg certainly would remember their video reviews. Unfortunately the video reviews are no more, but Derek has been using the All-22 to study the Eagles this year instead. This week, he broke down Juan Castillo’s coverages on every passing play the Lions attempted.
To summarize, IB gets to the bottom of Nnamdi Asomugha’s comments after the game, where the corner told reporters the defense got away from what had been working in the fourth quarter.
They certainly did. After varying their coverages throughout the day, the Eagles started to give Matt Stafford and the Detroit offense virtually the same look play after play. As we know now, that was terribly ineffective.
The question of why is of course unknown, but it may not be coincidence the change came when Nate Allen left with an injury, replaced by Colt Anderson. Anderson is a special teams ace, but apparently not much of a safety, so it’s possible Castillo wasn’t confident in his ability to execute the game plan.
Which of course is no excuse for throwing the same thing at the opponent over and over to no avail. The Eagles sure are exposed at safety should anything happen to Allen or Kurt Coleman though.
Everyone got so hung up on the blitz part of what [Asomugha] said, that they ignored the bigger picture. [The Eagles] had a game plan, it was working, then one guy got hurt and they threw it out the window.
Folks, if you’re into the X’s and O’s, this is as thorough a breakdown of the Eagles’ meltdown last week as you’re going to get.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages