Jun 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
This is Eagles running back Bryce Brown, and his canine companion is Eilis. Brown asks, “Does this look like a fighting dog to you?”
There seems to have been some confusion over a story involving Brown and his family pet over the weekend. Eilis and her litter of puppies were among 27 dogs seized in a suspected dog fighting operation in Wisconsin. When news surfaced that the seized animals had been returned to Brown with the words “dog fighting” prominently displayed, some fans were quick to assume the worst.
Anyone interested or so quick to judge me & make nasty comments should know what they’re talking about first. My dog, Eilis, was at Northland Pits being bred with a UKC registered male. Anyone who knows anything about breeding American pitbull terriers should know that has NOTHING to do with fighting. I have never been interested or involved in dog fighting. My family and I love Eilis, and she is a family pet and always has been. I take extreme good care of my pets and anyone who knows me can agree.
My dog was returned to me quickly because it was obvious that she is not and never has been involved with dog fighting. Northland Pits is a respectable breeder which has unfortunately been the target of anti-breeding groups and “animal rights,” activists who know nothing about what he is doing there, and assume it is related to dog fighting due to the breed of the dogs. He is a victim in this case, just as I am. He takes great care of his dogs and Eilis wouldn’t have been breeding there otherwise.
According to reports, the owner of Northland Pits was arrested on preliminary charges of mistreating animals and operating as a dog breeder without a license. So far there is nothing specifically related to dog fighting, although it would seem Brown had absolutely no involvement even if additional charges are brought.
>> Seized dogs returned to Bryce Brown [CSN]
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages