Nov 16, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was in the Comcast SportsNet studios on Thursday afternoon to answer some questions from Neil Hartman and fans.
One particular former Eagles fan asked McNabb if he’d come play in one of those traditional Turkey Day football games that so many Americans partake in every year.
(Thanksgiving question comes in toward the end of the video. Five also discusses his opinion on Nick Foles’ skill set if you’re into that)
McNabb politely declined. Good try though! There’s a reason he’s not playing football and is instead doing TV commentary. And no, it’s not because zero teams in the league currently want to employ his services. It’s also not because he thought it wouldn’t be wise to play football on a full stomach of turkey and stuffing.
I wanted to ask McNabb if he has ever seen Wayne’s World and what he thought of that scene in the car where Garth isn’t feeling so hot — Donnie’s a movie buff, remember! — but my question was not selected.
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return