Jan 17, 2012, 3:28 AM EST
I’m probably not supposed to call out my colleagues at CSN. Then again, I couldn’t find any hard and fast rules that say otherwise, so… sorry, bud!
Here’s all you need to know about the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs: turnovers by winning teams = four; turnovers by losing teams = 14.
The only team to commit more turnovers than their opponent and win were the Patriots at two to one. That means the three teams that lost over the weekend also lost the turnover battle by an astounding 13 to two.
Defenses create turnovers, I understand that. That being said, great offenses are expected to protect the football to a certain degree.
It’s not even a two-way street. The fact is, an NFL team can win even if it has a bad defense. What the Packers and Saints proved is, more often than not, a team typically does not win when it gives the ball away three or more times in one game — especially in the playoffs.
That’s what happened to the clubs from New Orleans and Green Bay, who combined to give the ball away nine times in losing efforts. Don’t forget Houston, their second-ranked defense not surprisingly unable to compensate for four giveaways.
But hey, go ahead and blame their defenses for those losses. Apparently in Philadelphia, no longer is there any onus on top-ranked offenses and MVP quarterbacks to demonstrate any semblance of ball security.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages