Sep 26, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
It’s a tradition that’s been passed down from Philadelphia fathers to sons for decades. There’s nothing quite like sitting down on the sofa for Eagles gameday on Sundays with a nice cooler full of cabernet sauvignon. For years, South Philly natives have used delicious red vino to drown the sorrows of NFC Championship games lost.
Now, they can drown their Eagles sorrows with a wine with the actual team on the label. Why didn’t Jeff Lurie think of this sooner?
Via the folks over at Foobooz, we learned that the Eagles have finally launched their own wine.
The Philadelphia Eagles are celebrating their 80th anniversary this season and are celebrating with the launch of their own wine.”Rollout” is a 2011 cabernet sauvignon sourced from the Napa Valley and Dry Creek.
Rollout? I would have gone for something a bit more unique like “Swoop Tears” or “Dawk Blood.”
You can get the red wine at your typical Philly/South Jersey area wine shops and also on the Club Level at the Linc.
More on the varietals and other info you probably don’t care about here, because it’s red wine and it’ll get you pretty good and buzzed if you drink a bottle.
My suggestion? Purchase a bottle today and save it for a special occasion like 30 years from now when the Eagles finally win their first Super Bowl. It’ll be nicely aged by then.
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money