Feb 1, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
Philadelphians witnessed an outsider — a man from as far away as New England! — win our very own local wing eating competition. Fans at the Wells Fargo Center booed the outcome. Then, seconds later, they stopped even remotely caring who won the event and headed off to the closest open bar, bed, or strip club.
CBS called Wing Bowl the only place where you can see a pair of strippers taking photos with Ben Franklin. So, if you want to see Ben Franklin with strippers, you know where to go next year.
The 21st Wing Bowl is in the books with Jamie “The Bear” McDonald edging out local boy Jon “Super” Squibb by a final tally of 287 to 282 wings eaten.
There was a noteworthy special guest this year. Before ever even calling a play on the Eagles sideline, Chip Kelly received his Philly baptism of hot sauce, beer, and cleavage. He was left sans words.
“Wow, just wow,” said Kelly. “I wanted to get a feel for what Philadelphia is like — kind of speechless.”
“I had seen it from a far – when I was at New Hampshire I recruited a lot kids from this area and you know it’s evident. You look at this right now, I think it’s 8 in the morning on a Friday – it’s what makes this place so special,” said Kelly.
And with that we’ll leave you with a special comment from a special man.
Only in Philly could a Roman orgy of an event like Wing Bowl become a cult classic. Hail Caligula!
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) February 1, 2013
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|Andrew Kulp on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages