Oct 25, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
In terms of quality, there isn’t much separation between the offenses for the Eagles and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Hey, don’t shoot the messenger—that’s the NFL according to Phil Simms.
The former New York Giants quarterback and CBS analyst was listing the top and bottom five units in the league on Showtime’s Inside the NFL this week, and coming in at No. 60 is Philadelphia’s offense. Never mind the Eagles are third in yards per game (425.3), tied for 13th in points per game (24.1). As offenses go, only the Jags and the Arizona Cardinals are worse says Simms.
To be fair, the Eagles managed to scrape together just three points against the Cowboys in Week 7, and we’ve seen the offense struggle to find the end zone before against Kansas City and Denver. Maybe Simms is on to something?
Nah. NJ.com’s Jordan Raanan transcribed the segment, and Simms is full of it to say the least.
“I put the Philadelphia Eagles’ offense as one of my bottom five. Why did I do it? Not that they are one of the worst five units in the NFL. It’s because, ‘It’s going to be one of the fastest units we’ve ever seen. What are you going to do to stop? The NFL is … it’s going to be unbelievable.’
How is that working out? Is it just the most unbelievable thing you’ve ever seen?”
That was Simms’ full explanation on ‘Inside the NFL.’ The panel then skipped to the next topic.
Anybody able to make sense of that? No? Me either.
Look, the Eagles’ offense has maybe got more attention than it deserves due in large part to Chip Kelly, but either they’re one of the worst five units in the NFL or they’re not. And they’re not—you mean to tell me Simms would rather play in the Rams offense? The Vikings? The Jets? The Buccaneers? Please.
That’s not even looking at defenses. What a dumb thing to say.
Raanan has more on Simms’ rantings, including some reactions from Eagles players.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages