Oct 28, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
I suppose there’s good news and bad news for residents of Graduate Hospital / Fitler Square / South Street West / whatever-you-like-to-call the area of the city near 22nd and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia. The bad news is that you can’t watch an Eagles game at Doobie’s, the cozy corner dive bar known for it’s former lack of signage, its jukebox, solid beer selection, and not very enjoyable bathroom experience.
But that’s been the policy of bar owner and self-described “animal advocate” Patty Brett for year’s now.
For whatever reason, this was written about and given a short radio spot over at WHYY / Newsworks.org yesterday where Patty shared her decision to never forget:
“Because of what Michael Vick has done to those animals, I can’t in good conscience support the Eagles while he’s a member of the team,” she said. “He murdered and tortured animals and I can’t forgive him for that.”
The guy drinking at the bar didn’t much seem to care:
“I’m past it,” he said. “I think what’s done is done and he’s paid his debt and he just wants to move on.”
The good news for those aforementioned Birds fans in the G-Ho area? Well, Mike Vick’s time on the Eagles certainly appears to be coming to an end. So you’ll be able to catch a game at Doobie’s in the not-too-distant future.
I’d probably suggest P&K, Grace, or Sidecar for a better game watching experience anyway.
I’m still waiting on the first Philadelphia bar to refuse to show Eagles games because of Matt Barkley.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages