Dec 22, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
Oh, hey, ESPN.com’s top story on their main page is about that one time Philly fans booed Santa and pelted him with snowballs.
I’m a mild mannered individual. I would never throw snowballs at Santa, but you know what? Stories about throwing snowballs at Santa make me want to throw snowballs at Santa. Bah Humbug.
Here’s what ESPN has to say about the make shift Santa you see seated above:
used to show up for the Philadelphia Eagles’ final home game every
season dressed in a Santa suit. He loved Christmas, loved his Eagles and
loved the attention. And then one snowy day, Dec. 15, 1968, a halftime
show was in jeopardy, a fan base was cold and discontented, and Olivo
was summoned from the stands to walk the length of the football field
and wave to the crowd and entertain them.
Looks like he enjoys ham, that’s for sure.
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Matt S. on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages