Sep 28, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Weapon X is now getting the official X-Men treatment thanks to the fine people at Marvel Comics.
The above poster, created by Marvel artist Jorge Molina, will be distributed to Eagles fans as they enter the stadium prior to Sunday night’s Eagles-Giants game and the ceremony to retire Brian Dawkins’ No. 20.
From the team’s release:
“Every week, Eagles fans witnessed Brian transform himself from a humble, mild-mannered man to the fearless competitor that he was on Sundays,” said Eagles President Don Smolenski. “He was a special player – ferocious, intense, fearless, intelligent – and on top of that, he was an incredible leader.”
Not bad from the Eagles pres, but comic book people just seem to have that flare for the dramatic:
“One is the ferocious leader of the legendary X-Men and world-famous star of comic books, cartoons, video games and movies…the other is a nine-time Pro Bowl selection, a six-time All-Pro and a member of the NFL 2000s All-Decade Team…both are the best they are at what they do.” said Bill Rosemann, Editor, Marvel Custom Solutions. “A peaceful family man while off the field, once he donned his #20 jersey, Brian Dawkins — inspired by and embodying the best traits of the tenacious and unstoppable Wolverine — was one of the most intense, hard-hitting, resilient and respected players in the history of the game.”
No offense to Hugh Jackman — who’s clearly putting in the necessary work for the role as evidenced here — but really, tell me honestly that you wouldn’t want Dawk starring in The Wolverine. You can’t.
Dawkins will be on DNL at 5 p.m., showing off his new poster and sitting down for an interview. In the meantime…
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money