Apr 9, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
Eagles quarterback Mike Vick was in South Philadelphia on Monday afternoon to support the Phillies in their home opener against the Miami Marlins. Vick, who was rocking a Phils cap, tweeted that this was the first professional baseball game he’d ever been to and that the Phillies needed some damn runs. They were held scoreless at the time of his tweet but later added a few to the scoreboard after Freddy Galvis’ first career hit in the seventh.
And no, he can’t hit or play first base, so don’t bother asking.
Photo caption: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick watches the Philadelphia Phillies home opener baseball game with the Miami Marlins Monday, April 9, 2012, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon).
At my first professional baseball game and enjoying it. We need runs ASAP!
— Mike Vick (@MikeVick) April 9, 2012
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages