Nov 27, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The Eagles’ offense was dealt yet another blow on Monday night.
Andy Reid announced at his day-after press conference that DeSean Jackson will
hit injured reserve after suffering multiple fractures to his ribs in the 30-22
loss to Carolina.
Jackson is the fourth starter on offense to be placed on IR,
along with Jason Peters, who Reid today announced would not be activated from
the non-football injury list. They join Jason Kelce and Todd Herremans.
Jackson also becomes the ninth starter on offense to miss at
least one game this season due to an injury. Only Evan Mathis and Stanley
Havili are still on track to appear in all 16 games. Jason Avant and King
Dunlap have also been on the shelf.
DeSean signed a five-year contract worth around $50 million in the
offseason. He was not having his most explosive season – then again, nobody is –
but the numbers have been okay all things considered. Djacc finishes with 45
receptions for 700 yards (63.6 per game, 15.6 per reception) and 2 TD.
This truly has been a season from hell.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money