Jul 31, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
It’s not trade deadline day in the NFL, but it’s every bit as circus-like as 32 teams continue seeking to fill out their rosters. One name long linked to the Eagles can be scratched off that list, as Plaxico Burress signed with the New York Jets this morning. Sorry New York, but I don’t think our Daily News will be congratulating you by flogging the Birds with tomorrow’s back cover. Adam Schefter says the Eagles were told that Plax would come here if they met his price, a reported $3,017,000 for one season (with the 17 being his jersey number). The Jets were given the same opportunity, and they took it.
While a Plax addition wouldn’t have hurt, the Eagles are plenty set at WR if Desean’s holdout is resolved and Jeremy Maclin’s mystery ailment isn’t polio.
Also coming over the wire today is news that the Seattle Seahawks will oblige LB Lofa Tatupu’s request to be released.
Again per Adam Schefter, the Seahawks reportedly asked him to take a paycut, and he responded with a request to get the hell out of Seattle. Eagle fans won’t soon forget the time Lofa picked off three Eagles passes in December of 2007, so he quickly rises to the top of fans’ wishlists to fill their need at LB. However, he is coming off of dual knee scopes this off-season, so any courting team will surely be giving him a thorough physical look. If the Eagles do want him though, they probably agreed to terms last night the way this week has gone.
|2nd Seed on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|dakotaandotter on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Chucky on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Jay D on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages