Jul 31, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s not trade deadline day in the NFL, but it’s every bit as circus-like as 32 teams continue seeking to fill out their rosters. One name long linked to the Eagles can be scratched off that list, as Plaxico Burress signed with the New York Jets this morning. Sorry New York, but I don’t think our Daily News will be congratulating you by flogging the Birds with tomorrow’s back cover. Adam Schefter says the Eagles were told that Plax would come here if they met his price, a reported $3,017,000 for one season (with the 17 being his jersey number). The Jets were given the same opportunity, and they took it.
While a Plax addition wouldn’t have hurt, the Eagles are plenty set at WR if Desean’s holdout is resolved and Jeremy Maclin’s mystery ailment isn’t polio.
Also coming over the wire today is news that the Seattle Seahawks will oblige LB Lofa Tatupu’s request to be released.
Again per Adam Schefter, the Seahawks reportedly asked him to take a paycut, and he responded with a request to get the hell out of Seattle. Eagle fans won’t soon forget the time Lofa picked off three Eagles passes in December of 2007, so he quickly rises to the top of fans’ wishlists to fill their need at LB. However, he is coming off of dual knee scopes this off-season, so any courting team will surely be giving him a thorough physical look. If the Eagles do want him though, they probably agreed to terms last night the way this week has gone.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return