Dec 19, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
Like it or not, the feeling among those who cover the team closely is that if the Eagles finish strong over their final two games then Andy Reid will be back for another season as head coach. But what about Juan Castillo as defensive coordinator?
Earlier in the season, it seemed like Castillo was a dead man walking, but the team has improved tremendously on the defensive side of the ball over the past few weeks. Has the turnaround been improvement enough for Castillo to be back for a second season?
I honestly don’t know. You could give him the benefit of the doubt that it took him a couple of weeks to adjust to his new role. You could give him the benefit of the doubt that it took the young players he’s dealing with a couple of weeks to adjust to the NFL. You could give him the benefit of the doubt that a guy who has been in the league as long as he has, with the stellar reputation he has as a hard worker, deserves more than a few games to be judged by.
Or you could simply demand you want someone with more experience.
I’d say it’s tough to decide at this point. The final two games could swing the decision either way in my opinion.
Ray Didinger discusses this issue at length below and Reuben Frank has some analysis of it as well along with thoughts on Castillo from the players. The players seem to have his back.
But what do you think?
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages