Mar 13, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
One of the more intriguing signings the Philadelphia Eagles made yesterday was former New England Patriot and Oregon Duck defensive back Patrick Chung. Roob wrote earlier today that Chung fell out of favor with his old coach, but we wanted to take a look to see what Bill Belichick had to say about him in the past.
Our searches didn’t prove overly fruitful, but there were a few bites from the Pats coach from this past December.
“Patrick has done a great job for us in many different areas, whether
it’s his coverage ability or his ability to tackle or to adapt in
different situations,” Belichick said. “He certainly has some good
experience, played a lot of football for us, and has that side to bring
to the game also. It’s a different array of things that he can do that
help us in different situations that allows us to be a little bit more
multiple in different packages.”
In another video interview Belichick says Chung really helped the young guys adjust.
Patrick’s a smart kid and really understands football concepts, works hard, is very in tune to not only his job but what everyone else is doing.
On the flip side, Chung called Belichick a genius in the below video.
Chung also commented on his old Oregon coach back when there were rumors about Chip making the jump to the NFL, but came short of calling him a genius.
“He’s a beast, man,” Chung said. “He’s definitely a good coach. He’s a great coach, he’s very intense. I love Chip.
|dialectician on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages