Oct 7, 2012, 10:48 PM EST
The Eagles haven’t sacked a quarterback in two games. That’s not necessarily the worst thing in the world, considering the defense has gotten plenty of pressure, been solid in both of those outings and really wasn’t to blame for what happened in the team’s 16-14 loss to the Steelers.
But if you listen to Trent Cole, not sacking the quarterback almost sounds like a good thing.
Basically, as Trent tells it, the Birds’ defensive tackles and ends are so good that other teams don’t just let them tee off on on the most important player on the field.
Instead, out of respect, they do frigging crazy things. Block, for example.
This beautiful exchange between Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and the media after Sunday’s game comes courtesy Geoff Mosher:
“Hey that’s just called respect,” Cole said after the Eagles lost 16-14 on Sunday at Heinz Field … Ain’t that right, Tapp?”
“Feel it,” Tapp shot back.
“They leave max protect and every team you go against that max protects — Tapp, tell ’em — that’s called respect,” Cole continued. “That tells you, ‘That’s the best damn defensive line in the [expletive] NFL.’ That’s just real talk. That’s common sense. It’s right there in front of your face. Every team.”
To an extent, they’re actually right. When an offense max protects a front four, that should make it easier for the linebackers and the secondary in coverage. The sacks, in and of themselves, are not the goal so long as the defense, by whatever means necessary, does its job.
Just like earning respect, in and of itself, isn’t an endgame.
Right, Trent? Darryl? Guys?
R. Kelly NSFW
Follow The700Level on Facebook
|will on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|Ron Burgundy on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Scott B on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|psudrozz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages