Aug 31, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
Legendary Eagles quarterback Randall Cunningham was a guest on Howard Eskin’s show yesterday on 610 WIP and discussed a wide range of topics.
Aside from Randall’s backing of Donovan McNabb — “I believe Donovan McNabb is going to take his team very, very far this year, and you might see Philadelphia and Minnesota in that NFC championship game, who knows.” — the most interesting anecdote from Randall’s convo with Eskin and Reese was the mind blowing financial figure he said he’d turn down to give up his No. 12 to a current Eagles player.
Now, Randall’s No. 12 is still a fixture among Birds fans in the stands at the Linc on any given Sunday, but it’s not officially retired. That said, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie thinks so highly of Cunningham that he doesn’t want to give up No. 12 unless Randall approves. [audio below]
New Eagles wide receiver Steve Smith would love to rock the No. 12 jersey this season, but would Randall give up the number for cash?
“No, I would not take it for a million bucks,” Randall said. “For Jeffrey Lurie to put me in the honor roll like that, that’s not something I take for granted. I went out and I bought a ring, like a Super Bowl ring, because of that honor and I put Philadelphia Eagles on it. That’s my ring I show everybody. People ask me if that’s a Super Bowl ring and I say, ‘No. This is the ring they let me know that I was one of the players in the history of the Philadelphia Eagles and they honored me.”
No. 12 remains Randall Cunningham’s number with the Philadelphia Eagles. And that’s alright with me.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages