Sep 11, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
We all know how the Eagles looked in their week one victory over the Cleveland Browns. Pretty much any other team in the NFL likely would have found a way to defeat the Birds given the same opportunities the Browns had on Sunday.
The Baltimore Ravens on the other hand went out and tuned up the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night to the score of 44-13. Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and the rest of the Ravens offense seriously impressed, helping the Ravens to cruise to victory.
So what do these two contrasting games do to week two betting lines, you ask?
The Ravens at Eagles week two line opened with the Eagles -3, but after last night’s Baltimore victory, it has moved from down to -2.5. But only a .5 difference? National Football Post’s betting analyst Joe Fortenbaugh calls it very significant.
Analysis: It may not seem like a lot, but that half
point adjustment off the key number of three is a big move. After Joe
Flacco’s aerial display on Monday night against the Cincinnati Bengals,
the preseason excitement that surrounded the new-look Baltimore offense
appears to be well-founded…at least for now. As for Philadelphia, it’s
amazing that Michael Vick could figure out how to throw four
interceptions and still pull off a victory. But that’s what happens when
you play the Browns. Can Philly get their act together for Week 2,
where they are 1-5 ATS over the last six years?
They’re certainly going to be tested.
Prior to the season kicking off, Kulp called for an 19-13 Ravens victory anyway.
If you’re a betting man, you can check out the rest of the week two lines that have moved at NFP.
Don’t forget we’re
hosting a free NFL Week 2 fantasy football game with $250 in
cash prizes. See if you can top Enrico’s picks for this week
which include Mike Vick, Jamaal Charles, Dez Bryant and DeSean Jackson.
Enter to play here.
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages