Aug 12, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Chris Brown of SmartFootball.com broke down the tape on Chip Kelly’s first effort in translating his Oregon offense to the NFL. Brown, writing at Grantland, puts all of the necessary “this was only one preseason game” couching on his piece, but also points to a couple of interesting plays in an attempt to try and figure out just what kind of coach Chip Kelly will be in the NFL.
Mike Vick huddling his players early in the game was one play that sent a message.
It was a message that was unmistakable: See, I can adapt to the NFL. At least that’s what I thought at first. But after studying Philadelphia’s game against New England, I came away with almost the exact opposite conclusion: While there were clear differences from what Kelly’s system looked like at Oregon, his Eagles offense looked a lot more like the Ducks offense than I ever anticipated.
The full analysis is certainly worth a read for any Birds fan.
Looking forward to much more Chip analysis for weeks/years to come. This new guy is fun.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return