Oct 11, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
He came back to the Eagles, had his number retired, was honored with a spectacular going-out party at halftime of the Giants game, but now it finally feels like the Brian Dawkins closing ceremonies have officially come to an end:
He’s been honored in a single by Reef the Lost Cauze.
For those of you unfamiliar with his work, Reef has been a staple of the local hip hop scene for much of the last decade. You may recognize him from his work with Army of the Pharaohs.
The song begins much as you’d expect, with audio of Dawkins screaming to his teammates before a game. Thing is, from there on out, it’s really a lot less (read: kind of not at all) about No. 20, and a lot more about Reef, age 30, getting older.
As WXPN asks: “What does that mean, anyway – ten years of recording, seven LPs, numerous collaborations, and suddenly you’re an ‘elder?’
Hit the widget below to listen to ‘B. Dawk,’ and catch Reef playing The Troc tonight.
|Mike B. on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Jagwaur on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|karadakid on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Hextall on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages