Dec 2, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
Philadelphia fans have all come to terms with the idea that Andy Reid will likely be done as the head football coach of the Eagles. After 14 seasons in Philly, it’ll be a bit strange not seeing Big Red on the sidelines at the Linc every Sunday. But what could be even weirder is seeing Reid on the opposing sidelines as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, the Cowboys.
One source believes Dallas is where Andy will end up next season if current Cowboys coach Jason Garrett gets fired.
The report comes from Mark Eckel of the Times of Trenton, who writes:
According to an extremely reliable source, who is close to Reid, the
long-time Eagles head coach could be the head coach of the archrival
Cowboys next year.
Okay, so he’s not exactly going out on a limb saying Reid “could be” the coach of another team next season. There are only so many teams that Reid “could be” the coach of next season if he gets fired.
But then the source continues:
“I know a lot of people think Andy is going to San Diego next year, and I
can see that happening,” the source said. “But I keep hearing Dallas. I
think he can end up with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think he
will end up with the Cowboys, if Jason is fired.”
That’s sticking his neck out there a bit more.
It could be the recipe for a lethal duo in Texas… Tony Romo’s play in the clutch coupled with Andy Reid’s clock management.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money