Feb 15, 2013, 12:55 AM EST
It was only a matter of time until somebody added fuel
to this rumor’s fire. If Nick Foles truly is not a viable option for new
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly’s offense as many observers believe,
maybe Foles’ old teacher would like to pick up the lesson from where the two
According to USA Today’s Mike Garafolo, Andy Reid is game.
In a report filed on Thursday evening, Garafolo writes a Nick Foles trade is
something that would be on the table for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Of course, it takes two to tango, and whether or not the
Eagles are considering dealing Foles is unknown. Both Garafolo and our own
Reuben Frank believe the organization is sincere about giving Foles a chance to
win the starting quarterback job.
But as the saying goes, anybody is available in a trade for
the right price. Garafalo cites an NFL.com report from a former Eagles’ scout
who says Reid and assistant Doug Pederson “were very high on Nick Foles
and his future.” It has to at least make you wonder what the Chiefs would
be willing to offer.
It probably wouldn’t be as enticing as you might imagine. While
Foles improved over the course of his seven-game audition, he didn’t significantly
increase his value much beyond the late third-round pick the Eagles spent in
Actually, Foles could be worth slightly less now to anybody besides
Reid. The fact that another staff has already broken Foles in, combined with
the negativity associated with “giving up on a kid” after one season means potential
partners could hold substantial leverage.
I’m not convinced general manager Howie Roseman made an
investment so he could readily take less on a return only a year later, and the
notion that Kansas City would send their second in this year’s draft – aka the
33rd overall selection – sounds like crazy talk no matter how much Andy likes Foles.
Guess you never know. Unless another team is going to knock
your socks off though, why not give Foles a chance to play?
Chip Kelly’s system, right. Even if Foles is not an ideal
fit for what Kelly is trying to do here, it still doesn’t seem wise to shun
perhaps the best quarterback on the roster for what may only amount to a collection of mid-to-late-round
Not sure I like the idea of going all-in on Kelly’s offense,
either. There’s nothing more to it than speculation for the time being however,
but no matter how much either organization denies it, discussion of a potential
Foles-to-Kansas City swap is not going away.
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return