Oct 7, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Mike Vick’s hamstring issues are expected to keep him out of Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Bucs, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Nick Foles, who came in and helped the team earn the victory up in New York yesterday, will step in and take the starting role.
Vick not being able to go eases the “QB controversy” debate just a little. It does seem a little curious that the team already knows on Monday that Vick will not be able to go next weekend. Does that mean Vick’s injury is pretty serious or is the team just being cautious and getting Foles the bulk of the work in practice this week?
Or, the Eagles could be looking at the opponent and thinking it’s not worth putting a Michael Vick who isn’t 100% out on the field regardless. Nick Foles can beat Tampa.
Eagles QB Michael Vick is expected to miss Sunday’s start vs. Tampa Bay due to his hamstring injury. Nick Foles time.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 7, 2013
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return