Jun 14, 2011, 6:58 PM EDT
negotiations are 80-85 percent complete. They’ve made such fast
progress, I’m told, it’s catching many of the principals by surprise.
Some are now canceling vacations, believing an agreement will be reached
within a matter of days.
Obviously it’s very early on in terms of things taking a turn for the better, but could this be a very good sign? We’d say so.
Read the full report here.
UPDATE: Kulp seems a bit more in the know on the happenings than I was. He writes in the comments, “
I wouldn’t classify it as very early on in terms of things taking a turn
for the better at all. They’ve been meeting for weeks, and barring a
meltdown, all accounts have a deal being reached sometime in the next
month. Obviously all news should be regarded with tempered enthusiasm
until a deal is officially in place, but people in the know believe the
lockout will end soon, and the timing makes sense.”
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money