Jan 10, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network is reporting that Steve Spagnuolo is expected to “be back in Philadelphia” by the end of the week.
Early reports from the local writers interpret LaCanfora’s report to mean that Spags will not just be rejoining the staff, but potentially replacing Juan Castillo. These reports exist in spite of the fact that LaCanfora never explicitly states that a deal has been reached nor that Castillo is even going anywhere.
The Inquirer’s Jeff McLane, for example, offers the following:
McLane goes on in his to report to state both Spagnuolo and Eagles
head coach Andy Reid are on vacation(s) with their families, and no
official announcement will be made until either one or both are
available, presumably at the end of this week.
We find this somewhat perplexing because the news of Spagnuolo’s imminent return is not actually how LaCanfora’s report reads:
CSN’s Reuben Frank is tweeting that LaCanfora is now stating himself that “he wasn’t reporting that Spags is about to be hired by Eagles, just that he ‘could be visiting Philly.’”
Frank also suggests that even if Spagnuolo is named the new defensive coordinator that Castillo will not be fired, but rather reassigned within the defense, possibly to fill the new vacancy at cornerbacks coach left after the dismissal of Johnnie Lynn earlier this week.
In an update, Reuben Frank has printed a retraction of his first report and is now writing that Spagnuolo will be meeting with the Eagles front office later this week.
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages