Nov 18, 2012, 4:14 PM EST
It’s official. The Philadelphia Eagles are not just a bad
team. They are one of the most pathetic teams in the National Football League.
With a 31-6 loss in Washington on Sunday – their sixth loss
in a row – the Eagles fall to 3-7 on the season. They drop to dead last in the
NFC East, and only four teams have worse records in the entire league.
Here comes a top-five pick!
Obviously Nick Foles’ first-career start did not go as planned.
The rookie quarterback connected on 21 of 46 passes for 204 yards and two
picks. He was also sacked four times. It sure didn’t look like the beginning of
the Foles era.
He didn’t have much help from his playmakers though. Brent
Celek dropped the pass that went for Foles’ first INT. DeSean Jackson and
Jeremy Maclin combined to catch two passes for five yards. LeSean McCoy was
ineffective in the ground attack as well, carrying 15 times for 45 yards and a
fumble lost before he was knocked out late in the fourth quarter with a concussion. The offensive line is what it is at this point.
Fellow rookie Robert Griffin III’s day was the exact
opposite. RG3 threw a single incompletion en route to a perfect passer rating.
He was 14 of 15 for 200 yards and four scores, and ran for another 85 on 11
To be fair to the defense, two of the Redskins’ scoring
drives – a TD and a field goal – occurred after turnovers gift-wrapped the ball in
Philadelphia territory, but big plays in the passing attack killed them as
well. Griffin hit somebody named Aldrick Robinson, who was standing all alone
in the end zone for a 49-yard pass, and later found 5’10” Santana Moss in
between Brandon Boykin and Kurt Coleman for a 61-yard score.
The Eagles were completely embarrassed by a division rival,
and as if their season wasn’t over before today, it definitely is now. No
team has ever gone 3-7 then made the postseason, not that anybody outside the
NovaCare Complex was seriously contemplating that possibility anyway. I’m not so sure even they were for that matter.
All you can do is shake your head at this point – that, or
laugh. The Eagles are completely terrible, and nothing but the coming winter
housecleaning can fix that right now.
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
|RDawg44 on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return