Nov 15, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Hey, look! Roger Ebert agrees with us!
The great movie reviewer posted his take on the new Eagles-centric movie Silver Linings Playbook and he thought it was just fantastic.
“Silver Linings Playbook” is so good, it could almost be a terrific old classic.
Not only that, he loved De Niro’s work as the crazy Iggles fan.
I love actors. I’ve been on an almost lifelong journey with Robert De Niro,
and feel intimately familiar with him as an actor (not as a person).
Here his work unobtrusively charmed my socks off. He’s harmlessly
obsessed with the Eagles, gratefully in love with his wife and
cluelessly supportive of his son, who he doesn’t realize is an apple who
has fallen very close to the tree.
Just like I said. I actually think Ebert may have enjoyed it a hair more than I did.
Silver Linings is in theatres this weekend.
|ochospantalones on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|iglue on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|pourman on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Steve on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return