Oct 2, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
This is a two-part story. Part one: Tony Romo threw five interceptions — including two returned for touchdown — in the Cowboys’ 34-18 loss to the Bears, leaving sole possession of first place in the NFC East to the Eagles.
Part two: Jerry World needs to be fumigated, stat.
Dallas dropped to 2-2, alongside the Giants and Redskins, as the Bears cover-2 stifled the Cowboys offense. In the absence of any reasonable threat of a running game, Romo was forced to take to the air against the opportunistic Chicago defense. Hilarity ensued. Romo’s five picks was half his total for all of 2011, and more than half of the nine he threw in ’09.
Of course, it wasn’t all Romo’s fault. Wrong routes, dropped passes, and heavy pass rush either contributed or were directly responsible in three of the turnovers. He threw four and five just trying to get his team back in the game during the fourth quarter. Give the Bears credit, too, they were everywhere.
In further fairness Romo, it may have looked like there were more than 11 black jerseys out there when he was on the field. Only one extra was caught on camera (that we know of), but where there’s one, there’s usually hundreds of them.
We’re talking of course about the gigantic cockroach crawling around on the field, aka Chicacgo’s 12th man, as seen on Deadspin last night. I guess when you spend a billion dollars on a place to live, sometimes you have a little trouble with the upkeep.
I’ll pass on dollar dog night, thanks.
>> The Jerry Dome Is Infested With Gigantic Cockroaches [Deadspin]
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages