Sep 18, 2012, 11:49 AM EST
The replacement refs rough week just keeps getting rougher.
The officials in the Broncos-Falcons game on Monday Night Football took an absolute beating from the ESPN television crew last night.
And then there was Shady McCoy talking about some absolutely insane things a ref in Sunday’s game against the Ravens allegedly told him about needing him for his fantasy team.
McCoy was a guest on 94 WIP’s weekly Player’s Lounge show with Anthony Gargano and former Eagle Ike Reese when the topic of the replacement officials came up. After telling about the refs seemingly being intimidated by Ray Lewis’ antics, Shady talks about one of the refs saying something to him about his fantasy team. From CBS:
“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest,
they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team,
like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”
If true, that’s awful. No other way to look at it. I almost find it hard to believe. But after watching some of the confusion and lack of control over games these guys have had, nothing would surprise me.
|Lol on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|badman on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|lahoe819 on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
|irishphilly87 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages