Nov 13, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Mike Vick was outplayed by John Skelton on Sunday. Roll that around in your dome for a moment.
Vick, one of the most dynamic players in the NFL, managed to lead his offense on one scoring drive over the course of 60 minutes. Skelton, selected in the fifth round out of Fordham in last year’s draft, led two 80-plus yard scoring drives in the final fifteen minutes, cementing Philadelphia’s fifth blown lead in the fourth quarter during this unbearable season. Final score: 21-17.
The Eagles are dropped to 3-6, this season looking like it’s all but wrapped up in November already.
While Juan Castillo could not draw up an answer for Skelton’s favorite target Larry Fitzgerald — the All-Pro wide receiver finished with seven catches for 146 yards and two touchdowns, including a pair of circus grabs — the defense actually was the only reason the Eagles were even in the game. Asante Samuel had a pick six, and Nnamdi Asomugha’s interception led to the Birds’ other three points.
Skelton was 21/40 for 315 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Vick was 16/34 for 128 yards, with zero touchdowns and two picks.
Yes, DeSean Jackson was inactive today, which changes how any team defends the Eagles, but the offense has been broken for a long time. All the dropped passes, penalties, and turnovers once again conspired to put this team in an unwinnable position today. More to come…
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money