Nov 13, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
Mike Vick was outplayed by John Skelton on Sunday. Roll that around in your dome for a moment.
Vick, one of the most dynamic players in the NFL, managed to lead his offense on one scoring drive over the course of 60 minutes. Skelton, selected in the fifth round out of Fordham in last year’s draft, led two 80-plus yard scoring drives in the final fifteen minutes, cementing Philadelphia’s fifth blown lead in the fourth quarter during this unbearable season. Final score: 21-17.
The Eagles are dropped to 3-6, this season looking like it’s all but wrapped up in November already.
While Juan Castillo could not draw up an answer for Skelton’s favorite target Larry Fitzgerald — the All-Pro wide receiver finished with seven catches for 146 yards and two touchdowns, including a pair of circus grabs — the defense actually was the only reason the Eagles were even in the game. Asante Samuel had a pick six, and Nnamdi Asomugha’s interception led to the Birds’ other three points.
Skelton was 21/40 for 315 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Vick was 16/34 for 128 yards, with zero touchdowns and two picks.
Yes, DeSean Jackson was inactive today, which changes how any team defends the Eagles, but the offense has been broken for a long time. All the dropped passes, penalties, and turnovers once again conspired to put this team in an unwinnable position today. More to come…
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages