Aug 17, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The long wait is over and the news is positive. Jeremy Maclin wants everyone to know he doesn’t have any of those crazy illnesses people suggested he may have. He was, however, being tested for a form of cancer known as lymphoma, but that those tests came back negative.
Maclin spoke with FOXSports.com:
healthy,” Maclin said a mere hour after receiving word from his doctor
that his final test came back negative. “I was tested for everything and
every single test came back negative. I don’t have mono, I don’t have
AIDS, leukemia, all the things people were guessing on, there was
nothing. I was being tested for lymphoma and thank GOD everything has
come back negative.
While Maclin is now doing fine, the past few months were extremely scary for him, and he had his lymph nodes removed through his belly button just a week ago.
As it turns out, Maclin was just dealing with an inflammatory virus that ran its course. Once he’s healed up from the procedure last week, he’ll be cleared to return to the football field.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money