Jul 24, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
I know what you’re thinking. It’d be fun to see Rocky roll out to the middle of the ring in some wheelchair boxing match in the seventeenth installment of the Rocky franchise, but this isn’t exactly like that. But there are plans for a Rocky spin-off of sorts centering around Apollo Creed’s grandson.
From Hit Fix:
MGM is developing a new chapter in the long-running “Rocky” franchise, with this one focusing on the grandson of Rocky’s one-time rival, Apollo Creed.
Sylvester Stallone will once again return as Rocky Balboa, who is now fully retired (we’ll believe it when we see it), but agrees to train the young Creed as he enters the world of pro boxing.
I mean, it could be worse, right? I’m sure plenty of South Philadelphia residents would pay a couple bucks just to hear some new remake of the Rocky Theme Music.
The fun part? The rumored star of the movie and decedent to Creed is actor Michael B. Jordan, better known to you as “Wallace” from “The Wire.”
I’m hoping they can recruit Kevin Connolly to reprise his role.
|BirdGangT on With $13 million guaranteed, J…|
|RDawg44 on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|BirdGangT on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Jason R. on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return