Jan 17, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
If Chip Kelly is half as impressive on the sidelines in Philadelphia as he was in his introductory press conference today at the NovaCare Complex, Eagles fans are going to be a happy bunch of nuts for years to come.
He showed personality. He was witty. He showed he knows about the Eagles franchise by shouting out many of the greats from Bednarik to Reggie. He showed his knowledge of Philadelphia, having recruited in the area for years when working in New Hampshire. He knew how to answer questions he doesn’t really have answers to just yet in a great way.
Most importantly, he showed his passion, thirst, and knowledge for the game of football.
Does he believe he has all of the pieces in place to win right now? He doesn’t know, he’s been here a minute. He’s got to evaluate. Will his system translate to the NFL? He’ll make a system work based on the talents of the players he has in place.
He’s an equal opportunity scorer.
As an old friend said to me today, Philadelphia needs to embrace the excitement and not try so hard to be on record as knowing everything wrong with the guy before his first day on the job.
Sure, it was a first date. But it certainly made you look forward to the prospect of spending more Sundays together in the fall for years to come.
much more coming…
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money