Oct 30, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
For at least one week, everything clicked. With the exception of a lone 70-yard touchdown pass in garbage time, the Eagles dominated in nearly every phase of the game, steamrolling the Cowboys 34-7.
The defense played a strong game, harassing Tony Romo and tightening up their coverage to hold Dallas to 267 yards of total offense, but it was the offense that set the tone from the first possession. Michael Vick had one of those days where he looked unstoppable, completing 75% of his passes for 279 yards and two touchdowns, plus another 50 on the ground.
Yet it was LeSean McCoy having a career day against the number one run defense in the NFL that propelled the Birds to a blowout victory. Shady gained 185 yards on 30 carries and punched in two scores, helping the Philadelphia to a sizable 42-18 advantage in time of possession.
More to come on this huge win to leave the Eagles a crease in the NFC East at 3-4.
|deja vu on Cole Hamels essentially starte…|
|Momby on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return