Nov 24, 2011, 1:09 PM EDT
Plan Philly unearthed a bunch of old photos from the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia from the late 60s and early 70s. Did you know Philly has the longest-running Thanksgiving parade?
Included in their treasure trove was the above Eagles float from what appears to be 610 WIP even before they switched over to an all sports format. We’re just going to assume the crowd back then booed the float and called for its backup.
Happy Thanksgiving, Philly.
Thanksgiving Day Parade, 1972. | Office of the City Representative, PhillyHistory.org
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money