Apr 4, 2012, 11:44 AM EST
One day after Jason Peters had “successful” surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon that should keep him out for the season, the Eagles have come to terms with free agent left tackle Demetrius Bell. Actually, we’re being informed his name is Demetress. Seriously.
Details are still flying in, and we’ll continue to update as they do, but five years is surprising — though it likely is that long in name only.
Bell was considered by many as the best left tackle in free agency this year. However, there is a reason he was still available three full weeks after the market opened. He’s missed a lot of time with injuries in two out of the last three seasons since replacing Peters in Buffalo, and isn’t exactly an elite player to begin with.
Still, the Eagles needed to do something, at least add some depth. Bell gives them a proven, three-year starter on the outside. It will be interesting to see how the numbers shake out on the contract, but this should calm some folks down for the time being.
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages