Apr 12, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
Two personalities from the Philadelphia sports scene showed their followers two opposite ends of the atheletes-on-twitter spectrum on Thursday.
Jaromir Jagr, fresh off the Flyers’ game 1 win over his former Penguins squad, made use of the transitive property, figuring if Ilya Bryzgalov saying he’s afraid of bears causes Pens fans to come to the game dressed as bears, why not develop a fear for beautiful naked girls?
Bryz is scared of
bears. There were like 70 bears at the game! I wonder what would happen
if he said he is scared of beautiful naked girls?!
Jaromir Jagr (@68Jagr) April 12,
You sir, are welcomed into the Evan Mathis VIP Tweeter room. Former Eagle and current Washington Redskins wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, on the other hand… let’s hope his publicist has access to his account and can change the password to lock him out.
Talk about a meltdown. Allusions to marital infidelity, derogatory language toward women, and a verbal attack on former teammate Lito Sheppard; Gaffney hit a trifecta of vulgar discourse that isn’t likely to endear him to the community.
My beef wit Lito don’t
got nothing to do bout a girl he just a person I don’t fuck wit he lame
to me so don’t hit me up wit that. #Realtalk
Jabar Gaffney (@JabarGaffney) April 12,
Due to its explicit nature, and because it’s only Jabar Gaffney, we won’t post too much of his Twitter rant. You can check out more at Shutdown Corner.
We’ve seen athletes present themselves on Twitter in various manners. Guys like Jagr just seem to get it, sharing funny or interesting thoughts that bring fans closer to the person or game. Gaffney, on the other hand, humiliated himself in the most public way possible by broadcasting dirty laundry from his personal life for all the world to see.
Update: Gaffney says his Twitter account was hacked.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money